The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drethnor Turn #5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Gamemasters Post

Drethnor turn 5

Drethnor Turn #5

Faith Points (2+10) 12
Fear Points (0+10) 10
Human Souls: 1

Human Population:
............Herdsmen/women: 65
............Scavengers: 15
Dread Vultures: Domesticated 60
Cattle: 105
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Gamemaster's Post

Description:

One hundred years ago you appeared to the Lady Wretched scaring and burning those around her with fiery flame as you entered her body. She fell to the ground wracked by visions and awoke with the knowledge of fire and flame. During her first years she set herself and her closest friends up as the keepers of the flame, equal to the hunters, and far above other women. Any man who objected to this visibly developed welts and fell to his knees in pain, so the the order was quickly accepted.

Later in life a new vision taught her and her order of the flame methods of tanning leather into bags and canteens. Her people became the tribes primary source of healthy water and soup. With healthy water and more nutritious food more people are living longer. Faith in you and fear of your power increased dramatically!

However the past sixty years have been characterized by a power struggle between the order of flame and the men who herd the cattle, each sect battling for power and prestige for themselves. The scavengers, still eating raw rotten meat, have taken the highest casualties. and Their high percentage of sickness and injury has been taken as a sign of your displeasure by both groups of "leaders". They are viewed as unclean, and Drethnor dispises filth.

This resulted in a schism within your people. All the scavengers have been chased out of the tribe and without cattle or fire they quickly reverted to the "old ways" drinking from streams, gathering wild fruits and vegetables, and scavenging from the kills of lions to survive.

During the fighting one fanatic died who's faith was high enough in you that his soul has joined you in the "afterlife". Congratulations on collecting your first soul! This soul appears to be from a scavenger who believed that scavenging was sacred to you and should not be stopped or reviled.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Drethnor's Post

Interesting, my people are acting very human and doing a lot of things on their own while fighting over power and prestige. LOL.

(1) First off I have to deal with this schism in my people. I'm not entirely thrilled with these 15 people who simply decided to ignore my new wisdom. They could have at least tried to do the best they could. However, I'm also not thrilled that they were declared unclean and driven out of the tribe.

So . . . . hmmm . . . I think I'm going to have to blow most of the points I have but I want to alter these 15 fanatical scavengers. I'll make a real statement to both groups and increase my prestige to boot. lol

Ok this is a lot of changes, but hopefully I can do it, if not let me know I'm getting this out sunday night so we should be able to make changes. I want to alter their metabolism to be entirely carnivorous , give them sharp teeth like a lion, and make them nocturnal, eyes like an owl only looking like the eyes of my vultures. Enlarge the nose to resemble a vultures beak and give them a bloodhouds sense of smell. I'd also like to cover them in feathers and replace their hands and feet with clawed bird talons. If I can (but only if I can) I'd also like to make them get sick if they eat meat that is not already rotting, and of course I don't want them to get sick from it.

Oh if I can I'd also like to make sure when I do this some of my regular people are watching said scavengers, you made it sound like they are hounding them away so they should be watching at some point.

(2) Let me know if I have any points left, I'd like to make a statement to my people. Let me know if I can. I'm not going to write it down now because I think I'm not getting ALL the changes I want as is.

(3) WTF is up with this soul? What can I do with a soul? And how does this work? Obviously I don't get the souls of all my worshippers, but now that I have one I want to understand this. I'm confused.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Gamemaster's post

(1) You can pull this off with a few qualifications. First if you change them that much they will NOT be able to interbreed with regular humans. You'll want to add more population to this group later to prevent inbreeding. Also you can have the need to eat only rotting meat and a general immunity to disease from eating rotting meat (not complete!) but . . .

I'm going to rule that you can only give them feathers as a one for one replacement for hair on the head. So head, beard/mustache, and a light down over the body, but not full fledged vulture feathers everywhere. That makes the major changes just hands/feet, and digestion, and smell. Teeth and feathers are more minor. This wipes out ALL your faith points and all your fear points, it's a full twenty point change.

Your also getting a discount because your making the changes all at once in a group rather than one at a time, and because your copying things that exist in your environment. If you didn't have familiarity with vultures and carnivorous/nocturnal animals to copy from, or wanted to make them better than the surrounding animals it would cost a LOT more! It also helps that they are losing a lot with the changes too. Your people won't be able to see at all during the day or in bright light (firelight), they also won't be able to use a lot of tools with those bird claws, they can hold only things that a bird could hold. No tying knots, no super use of weapons or tools. Very limited. You've also limited what they can eat, and when.

I'm also going to rule that your people end up with bird bones by accident as your copying so much which will make them lighter and more prone to breaking bones. Are those conditions and costs ok or do you want to change things?

(2) No you don't have any points to spare, I'm being nice allowing this. lol

(3) Souls . . . congratulations you just discovered something cool. Right now most souls just disipate on death into the same sort of psychic energy that forms your body. But really devout followers can FORCE themselves to continue existing. You don't get faith points from them but you can use such a soul for any number of purposes.

For example you could devour the soul to get a one turn boost in faith/fear energy. The soul could also be the basis for creating a spirit to serve you. A willing soul could also sacrifie itself to help you with some task giving you a point cost reduction for the task.

Later on, if you want, you can also spend points to get lesser souls into a heaven or have people start reincarnating or something. But those souls aren't quite the same. Only a few truely devout souls, maybe one in one hundred, have the faith and power to actually count here.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Drethnor's post

(1) Yes that is all ok, I'm going to leave things alone. I'm just glad I can do it all. The limits are ok these guys are being both rewarded and punished at the same time. Not too thrilled that I can't talk to my people, but I'll deal with it.

(3) Cool! I'm going to hold onto that for now and think what I want to do with it. This could be an ace card for ME. I know some of the other players have more experience, I want to use this soul thing wisely.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Gamemaster's Post
Feedback

(1) good, I'm going to put up a seperate post to keep track of your creatures and what they can/can't do now. I've played in a game before where I was big into genetic engineering and the guy that ran it lost track of some of my complex critters and what all I'd done to them. It wasn't pretty. I'll post it when I process the turn.

(3) Good idea, let me know what you plan to do with the soul later for now it'll just float around with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drethnor Turn #5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #5   Drethnor Turn #5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Drethnor Turn #5
Page 1 of 1