The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mesnoth Turn #2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: mesnoth Turn #2   mesnoth Turn #2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Gamemaster's Post
Mesnoth Turn # 2

Reserved Points: 1 Maintaining crytal aura

Faith: 18 (0+19-1)
Fear: 0 (0+0)
Population: 22

Research: Weaving Bowls/plates/mats (done turn 3), Weaving lash together cottages (done turn 4)

Technology Lost: Obsidian Knives & scrapers

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #2   mesnoth Turn #2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Gamemasters post
Description

In the earliest days the people wandered across the sea of grass where the great cats roamed amongst hunger and thirst till they came upon an area of cool shaded reeds, tall palm trees, and open water. Here food was plentiful and the tribe rejoiced to gather the wild rice, yams, and Millet. Yet as they wandered deeper into the land of lakes and water they took many losses. Great striped tigers stalked the tall grass hungry for the flesh of men, green scaled crocodiles hid in the clear blue waters ready to grab a leg and drag a woman away, and disease struck often without warning.

The tribe was deep in the heart of this treacherous paradise and on the verge of vanishing forever when great Mesnoth chose to have mercy upon them. One night while the tribe was camped on a small island the ground shook waking them from their slumbers and the wind began to moan the name of the great god. The people were frightened but trapped upon the island amist the darkness and danger of a delta midnight.

The people were awed as the reeds writhed with a frightful blue fire and changed shape! Then when all seemed lost a gigantic glowing blue spire of stone rose up from the muck, it's light cutting through the darkness and bathing the remaining people with a feeling of intense peace. They stared in awed reverence!

Yet the night wasn't done for each of them fell into a deep slumber and had a great teaching vision showing them how the new plants could feed them all if the tribe only devoted themselves to caring for the crop as they might their own children. They were also given the great task of learning the skill called weaving which would turn the body of the plants into useful baskets and even homes for the people! It is a task they are still working to complete today.

The people still dwell upon the island today tending their crop and not roaming far from the safe blue light of the obelisk. They gather wild yams and rice here on the island and eat their harvest when it's ripe. Accidents are down as they avoid travelling the treacherous paths of the swamp, but disease still grips them and life is fairly boring.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #2   mesnoth Turn #2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:34 pm

I hadn't expected the mass die off, but we will recover! I also don't like losing my knives, but I guess if they are on an island without the right rocks . . . We'll recover that later!

(1) I'm going to spend 11 points to create the bamboo versions of my plants this turn, remember these are nearly weightless because they will have the pockets of helium within them as they are dried out for proper use! Yes I know the 11 point cost means they won't be able to leave the area, but I'm assuming that since they are a variation of a plant that can't leave anyway it doesn't make a difference. Light strong Manboo! An excellent building material.

(2) I'd also like to spend a few points to help finish up the research into weaving and give them a tip on how to domesticate yams and other food crops on their own. I want to give them SPECIFIC instructions on how to domesticate and grow rice since that plant should mix in well with the flooded land farming they are doing with my two varieties of Mansa plant the Mansa and Manboo. I also want to give them advice on crop rotation BEFORE they begin seeing smaller harvests. Sure silt from the flowing and flooding waters SHOULD keep things relatively good for a long time I don't want to have the plants stop growing due to overly intensive and primitive farming methods.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #2   mesnoth Turn #2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Gamemaster's Post
Feedback

(1) sure thing 11 points and it's done.

(2) I can live with this but I'm splitting it into a couple actions. You can finish off the weaving research by inspiring them for 2 faith points, you can teach them to domesticate rice in a vision for 3 points, and you can get them started researching yams for 1. Total cost for this turn is 17 points this turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mesnoth Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #2   mesnoth Turn #2 Empty

Back to top Go down

mesnoth Turn #2
Page 1 of 1