The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Registration - Mu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Ygdrassil wrote:
(1) What name will your deity go by during this round?

Mu

(2) Please give at least three examples of terrain you'd enjoy having in your area.

Mountainous, forest, tundra

(3) If you could would you please give us some ideas about the sort of people you want in your area?

pretty open on this one

(4) Would you like to give us any information about your god and his/her/it's initial plans for this game?

my intent is to set up and underground theocracy where those who are different can go for safety and peace....

(5)Please design a combination of colors, smells, sounds, or shapes that represent your deities power.

the sound of bells, a cool breeze wafting through still air, a soft white light in the darkness and the smell of.... basicly an ancient library... kinda dusty with the smell of inks and parchment

(6) Do you need to perform you birth action before the game starts? If so what do you have in mind? If not skip this question.

yes,i intend to do a couple things... first i need to create the beginings of the underground kingdom... it should be started within the largest mountain of the area... it shoulld have ventilation shafts for air and cooling as well as shafts that go lower for geothermal heating.... area's for homes and underground farming with underground plants readily available.. and access to underground lakes and water channels, it should also have a moss that glows and can be used to see by

second i need a signal to go out from this mountain basicly calling to anyone and anything without a home or a large tribe calling them all to the mountain where they can find peace and safety.

third i need to make a deal with one of the powers to create an aura of peace around my mountain that will extend as my underground kingdom extends... i want it to be very difficult, but not impossible for anything within that aura to bring harm to anything else, the soul exception being for purposes of food and that only goes insofar as to allow for necessary feeding and only on non sentient life....

finally when enough people have shown up i want to appear before them for a moment and take the kindest personality and mark him as leader by giving him bright blue eye's and extending his life as much as i possibly can.... whenever he dies i want the mark and life extension to automatically pass to whoever is the kindest person at the time...

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Alright. If I'm understanding correctly what your basically doing is creating an underground area heated by geothermal means, and extending fairly far down. This area should have a glowing sort of moss that acts like a combination of sunlight and grass, and it should have animals within it that are altered by your power to be able to exist here easily, probably descended from animals living in regular caves within the region, and those likely to enter into your domain as time goes on. The area will also have sources of pure water and be a generally nice place to live.

You also want some sort of means for finding the lost, discontent, homeless, and probably godless and leading them into your underground area. I'm unsure as to whether you only want the chosen (and perhaps their children) to be able to see the entrances or not, this is one area I could use more details on. Is there one main entrance everyone knows about, and lots of little hidden ones? Are people pulled down through the rock if they are far from the main entrance? How do you want this to work?

You also are asking for an "aura of peace" and I'm not sure exactly how you want this to work. At the moment I'm picturing an aura that calms people down and makes it hard for them to really lose their temper, perhaps combined with some sort of empathy that forces people who harm others to feel and understand that harm, thus promoting peace. Does that work for you?

If so I also am wondering how you intend for this area to grow? Is this a spot where your willing to have us throw you a deal or do you have some firm ideas in mind as to how the area, and it's effects, will spread below the ground?
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm

the area will grow via the first alteration i intend to give to my peoples.... (remember i'm basing this kinda off a race in a book) i intend to give the preists the ability to phase through rock and earth and basicly attaching a displacement subpower into it... how this will work is when phasing into rock if they unphase inside the rock instead of melding with the rock, the rock particals get displaced thus expelling rock dust particles from their location.... with practice they can actually use this ability to "dig" new tunnels and caverns

and yes i was intending on making a deal for the aura and what you suggest is about what i had in mind

as for how to find it.... there will be a main entrance on the mountain that can be sealed from the inside, it should be a trek to get there but not really difficult... prolly a ways up the face of the mountain with a flat and level outcropping beneath the entrance for standing area outside.... thats where the people and anything else that answers the call will be drawn to and in the future there will obviously be exits elsewhere as the tunnels expand
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Alright, we can work on the displacement ability, but we need some way to really define what counts as part of your underground world. It would be odd if suddenly you connected to a natural cave and it was instantly included in the area where your super sunlight moss grows, fresh water wells up, and especially where your aura of peace operates. After all your going to be getting a mountainous area so there will be natural caves your people are drilling into, and you probably could tunnel a lot of spots that wouldn't be included in the cubic area of your effect. What actually makes an area part of this underground kingdom/world rather than just another cave in the rocks?

Or do you want it to be a situation where any cave connected to the "heart" of your tunnel system to be included and if another god cuts off part of the tunnels from the center everything suddenly fails? That could work though you'd have to defend against the threat of a cut off attack from an enemy god.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

hmmmm i was thinking more of like a permeation affect, maybe even make the aura be connected to the pollen from the moss and the moss spreads along the roofs of the caves as they are built and or opened up like a normal plant.... that way if a natural cave is breached the moss would just keep growing outwards into the natural cave network converting it into my area.... that would also leave an opening for destroying the moss/pollen and get rid of the affect...
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Interesting, so beyond your basic area you'd just have the moss and the pollen, no new vents, no new sources of fresh water unless they were natural or you created them separately, but as the moss spreads so does the sunlight and the aura. I like the basic idea here, though it means that you could face extreme costs eventually if you personally don't control the growth of this stuff. Because it's a 3 dimensional cave system we'd probably have to estimate what percentage of your total cubic area was covered in moss to determine costs. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

you would also have to consider the affect of say a glass jar full of moss being carried and used to light a newly discovered tunnel or cavern, and what affect it might have... as for the rest.... i could always use power to directly alter a cavern to have cisterns and geothermal vents if one is needed to be colonized... as for the costs... thats why i'm willing to make a deal...
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:47 pm

That is a very good point, if the effect spreads the way your talking about it could be transported easily. We need to know how this moss grows and how it survives, other than simply on your power alone, so we can know where it might colonize and how it might be transported, we also will need to know how much moss is needed to generate the peace effect, and how long the moss stays "good" after it is picked from the ground, and perhaps the proper way of caring for "gardened" or "potted" moss.

This is getting intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 pm

i was thinking it would naturally grow on the roof of the caverns and tunnels and spread along the rock like normal moss... the peaceful affect could be restricted to spores that are released from the moss making it breathing in the spores that causes the affect.... lets say the spore radius is a conical affect beneath the moss.... since it grows on the ceiling it wouldn't release spores upward and moving the moss takes it out of it's spore zone..... so if i were to take a rock with moss on it into a cave with no moss it would take a couple hours for the spores to permeate around it again.......
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 pm

That makes sense, moss tend to grow in wet shaded areas, so the caverns will have to be moist, and the moss would typically grow close enough to another patch of moss to get light for photosynthisis, but far enough away not to be in anyplace too bright. Thus probably creating a speckled checkerboard of the stuff starting wherever you originally put them, or in newer caverns beginning the growth cycle near the caverns mouth.

To keep things simple for us we'd probably charge you for an average area of growth in the ecosystem, as moss doesn't require much upward mobility there wouldn't be much need for cubic space there, though i'd want to check with dragonspar on that. This would give you some bits "free" but obviously you're already not getting 100% coverage with this system so we can fudge a little for shaded, well watered pots of dirt grown by the people, until/unless such cultivation becomes large scale in which case we can add in extra space to the equation to take into account the new placement within the tunnel system, also you spoke of a deal and that could simplify things as well.

One idea comes to mind, though I'm not sure what you'd think of it. I was thinking that we could tie part of the cost for the moss into the primal energy lines as well, and perhaps add in a few strict limits. For example the moss would die above a certain elevation, and also upon exposure to natural sunlight, thus giving you a bit of a discount, and definitely preventing the stuff from colonizing the surface.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

i can go for the exposure to sunlight but the elevation one could be a problem since the populace base is inside of a mountain and some of the caves will go high up... how about it dies immediately when contact with sunlight is made.... and dies within 24 hours if seperated from the earth....by that i mean if you take a moss covered rock as a light source it has a 24 hour life span.... you could make the affect cumulative or automatic... meaning if you take the rock for 6 hours and then put it down on the earth it still has 18 that it can be separated at a later time, or it could just die 24 hours after separation...
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:09 pm

• Mu

• so what do you think?

• is there any issues needing to be resolved other than the moss?

• Registration - Mu 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q38 minutes ago
    mu

• Let
      me think for a second. . . the action itself is fairly simple overall,
      just a big set of caverns in and around your locations biggest
      mountain, the call is probably something we'll have questions on as it's
      range and such is going to be as important as the moss.

• At
      the moment I'm assuming the call's range will be based on a certain
      distance around your tunnel network or something like that.

• Registration - Mu 371190_767684900_1982268656_q35 minutes ago
    mu

• well the call was as far out as i can get from my centralized area aka the primary mountain home

• basicly
      the largest radius i can get while pinpointing the people and creatures
      looking for a safe place to call home and belong to

• i'm not going after the actual tribes and stuff in the area.... just the people that have been rejected from those societies

• and
      before you send me criminals and such i'm looking for the people who
      got ran off because they didn't want to fight or women who ran away
      because they didn't want to be beaten and taken by force..

• that kinda thing.... people wanting a peaceful tranquil existance..

• Registration - Mu 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q29 minutes ago
    admin

• I
      like the concept of that, as it gives you both the NPC's above and your
      people growing below. If you just wanted a set radius we could simply
      give you your area and call it good, but that would be limiting once the
      walls come down. There are, after all, going to be other societies in
      the world beyond your starting area.

If your serious about
      collecting the rejects your probably going to want a way to extend the
      call, and given that we'll probably want you to need to practice
      expanding and covering your own area, perhaps with a lot of it already
      included.

Your also right in being specific about who/what
      your calling for, otherwise I certainly would screw you with a lot of
      malcontents and trouble makers at the very least.

• Registration - Mu 371190_767684900_1982268656_q28 minutes ago
    Mu

• yeah... i do learn Registration - Mu Blank

• Registration - Mu 371190_767684900_1982268656_q26 minutes ago
    Mu

• and
      oddly enough i hadn't considered it being a maintained call... i was
      just thinking a call out to the people of my area to bring in
      followers..... but yeah having a call that functions as my area comes
      into range of people who can hear it is not a bad idea..

• how
      about this then.... whenever the tunnel system makes a connection to
      the surface... either by someone directly making an opening or breaching
      a cave that has an opening... the call is repeated within a radius of
      that opening..

• and
      i reserve the right at later times to spend power to issue a call...
      like if there's been a war or something that i become aware of i can
      send out the call by choice..

• it
      could be like my message of peace and tranquility exists within the
      cave and whenever a new opening appears the message sounds out.... but i
      can exert myself to yell out of the openings again if i choose to..

• Registration - Mu 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q18 minutes ago
    admin

• just as a one time thing then at the moment of opening then, with you able to spend points to trigger it yourself?

• Registration - Mu 371190_767684900_1982268656_q18 minutes ago
    Mu

• yep

• but with that i would say that anyone who actually enters my caves who fits the bill will get the message too..

• Registration - Mu 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q15 minutes ago
    Admin

• I
      like it, you'd be spending time sending people out to spy on the
      surface to find wars, or setting up surveillance systems to monitor,
      plus creating the openings here and there which would trigger a call,
      but also create a new opening into your world.

• Got it, so a triggered welcome mat attached to the aura of peace for those who fit the bill of "perfect settler for Mu"

• Registration - Mu 371190_767684900_1982268656_q13 minutes ago
    Mu

• yep....
      and a projected message when a new opening to the surface is breached
      within a radius of that opening with the capability of using points to
      project again at laters dates..

• and
      considering a lot of people like to hide in caves when running from
      scary stuff i should actually pullin followers with that welceom mat
      fairly regularly..

• and
      yeah.... i will prolly send monks and stuff out to the other
      societies.... not to convert them but to keep an eye on them and keep me
      aware of when i should make a call as well as planning where to build
      the tunnels and where to breach the surface...

• i think i might have to give them a focus on the healing arts cause no one screws around with healers Registration - Mu Blank

• Registration - Mu Blank i gonna send clerics to my competetors Registration - Mu Blank

• Registration - Mu 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q5 minutes ago
    Admin

• That
      should be a lot of fun and give you some interesting interactions with
      the neighbors. Dragonspar is coming over tonight so should be a nice surprise
      for him to see your registration

Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 pm

future thoughts- clerical system

once my colony is established i intend to take those who most want to help others and grant them clerical abilities, i'm thinking of setting aside a small pool of energy that these clerics can draw on by praying for my help... whenever the clerics draw on this pool to heal someone the sounds and smells associated with me are present... at least to start this healing will be perfromed by enhancing a persons natural healing ability.... basicly kicking the persons own healing factor into high gear so that wounds that would take days to heal take a few minutes and wounds that might take months to heal or never be able to heal naturally take a few hours.... this is a pinpoint affect targeted toward specific wounds or illness and is only a temporary modification to the person it is used on, once the wound is healed the affect ends.... they don't suddenly become capable of healing any damage... since the healing draws off a targets own healing ability as well as my power and the affect duration is extremely limited i should be able to put aside a couple points each turn and have it last the entire turn, as opposed to designing a magic system and spending a ton of points to create the clerics and a ton more points every time i want to add new affects
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:01 pm

That sounds like a fairly easy spell to set up, very nicely thought out.

Last night dragonspar was wondering more about your chosen person part of the effect. How striking should these blue eyes be? Is there anything special about them, any conditions for keeping them, also other than the extended life what other abilities might this person possess?

We also wanted to clarify how the peace effect worked. If it's attached to the pollen that sounds almost biological, like a naturally occurring drug. If so the costs would be a lot cheaper, but the effect certainly wouldn't effect everything that might come at your people. Machinery and certain types of supernatural creatures would be immune even without resorting to combat values simply by their non-biological nature. If it's a magical effect like the sunlight it would require a reserve cost but would then most likely effect anything that thinks, which would broaden your reach, though some things (that don't think) would still be immune. Seems like an important issue to clarify real quick.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 pm

with the leader the eye's should be strikingly blue... like nothing that anyone else has... other than the extended life he will most likely have the clerical and phasing abilities... and he will maintain his position until he finally dies of old age or loses the personality traits that gave him the position..... in which case if he stops being kind and putting the welfare of the people above all else the eye affect and extended life will jump to the next person in line..... and without the affects of the extended life it should only be a matter of moments before he's dust and bones...

as for eye abilities.... i'm thinking i may just want to do something simple like being able to see what he see's and hear what he hears.... not just a mark but more like a personal information gathering device... that should allow me to react to emergencies and such more effectively...

as for the moss, honestly i think it should be an aura affect from the moss that resonates with the pollen in the air making the peace affect a magical affect, a kind of "zone of peace" rather than a toxin... i realize that it may cost a reserve but again i'm willing to make deals if i have to..
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

ah, so the pollen of the moss, while in the moss and for a period of time after it leaves the moss generates a magical peace field? That how you mean it, yes? I put it that way as if you want to collect a ton of pollen over time, haul it a few days to a place and dump it and have it still be making the peace effect, that would cost more.

So, this is just describing how the peace field is maintained? moss pollen, while in moss and for period of time after it leaves, am i anywhere near what you meant?
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasil
Neophyte Player

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 am

thats fine.... my idea is purely defensive in nature as it is.... the moss is dual function, provide light and keep potential enemies from causing harm in my area.... i don't intend to do anything silly like using catapults to lob moss covered rocks into enemy villages so that they can't harm my invading forces Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Registration - Mu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Mu   Registration - Mu Empty

Back to top Go down

Registration - Mu
Page 1 of 1