The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Charlotte Turn #0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Charlotte Turn #0
This sheet records important details about your Deity.

Corruption
Energies like order, chaos, or primal are terribly alien to the gods nature and swallowing them can alter the deities makeup. We call this sort of permanent alteration corruption, and if a player ever has 100 points of corruption, in a single energy type, his deity becomes an entity controlled by the game's staff. Over time deities who drink a lot of these types of energy can also gain tolerance allowing them to handle more and more energy with less and less risk of corruption.

------------
Soul
Order
Chaos
Primal
Border
Cosmic
Corruption

Tolerance

Max Drank

Deals
This segment is meant to hold links to any active deals effecting your deity. All deals are subject to review once every five turns and may be altered at some later date, in the meantime they give you benefits and problems outside the purview of the normal game rules.

[none]

Thaumatic Energy Stored & Total Upkeep
This section shows your current amount of stored thaumatic energy

[Hope, Fear, and acceptance will start arriving on turn one]

Place the Garden Of Eden Machinery (will cover most of square when placed.)
1 COMMUNICATION ACTION

Dedicated Banks
This entry is meant to hold ritual points that have been dedicated to specific tasks. Points in these banks can only be used for those tasks.

[none]

Links
This contains links to the other posts listed within this turn so that you can easily navigate between them using the forward and back buttons on their browser rather than needing separate tabs open at all times. Player actions should always start below this post.

Turn Zero: Demographics page
Turn Zero: Narraratives

Summary
We don't know anything much about Charlotte yet. The Game has just begun and we are eager to meet this player.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Charlotte
New Player
Charlotte

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm

I have somehow lost my stuff twice now, pretty sure im pressing buttonI don't mean to so my fault i'll try again tommrow.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
New Player
Charlotte

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 pm

I will split my communication action between the Trockentreck and the Fischer peoples.

Trockentreck

I will choose a location where two groups (about 25 people) of Trockentreck are trading peacefully preferably sometime during the full moon one of the times the moon is really big sky would be nice.

A purple fog smelling of lilacs rolls gently over the oasis. A multitude of wraiths a slightly darker purple then the fog and of all shapes and sizes dance and stroll through the fog whispering to each other in an unintelligible melodic language. Two of these wraiths solidify into the figures of a man and a woman 10’ tall dressed in black robes dotted with twinkling stars and trimmed with red fur. Their hair is pure white and their tanned skin glows with an internal light. The woman’s hair is braided into pigtails that reach down to her ankles and atop her head is a crown of horns woven to form the circular base and topped with jewel studded antlers. Her eyes are a deep violet that shines with maternal warmth. The man’s hair reaches down his back and his beard reaches to his knees. The crown on his head is made of a dark polished granite base from this base rises scalloped shells overlapping and rising upward to form a cone. His eyes are the color of the desert sand and he projects a sense of benevolent power. They do not “speak” but sing together making their words into a beautiful song.

“Greetings children of Godric. We are Charlotte and Charlemagne. From its birth humanity has been tormented by an insane father who took delight in spreading misfortune throughout the world. But this shall be no more for behold the face in the moon, is Godric locked inside until time itself crashes to a halt. And now your aunt Bridget has implored us to give your guardianship over to her so that she may care for her brothers’ children as she has her own, and we know her to be a mother of great love and strength so we grant her this. A new and wondrous world is coming into existence. However this transition will not be easy the world must birth this change as a woman gives birth to a child and the time that you live is but a blink of a god’s eye and generations will pass before the new world is fully realized, yet even the shortness of human life you shall see great and wondrous changes come to this world. For we have made for you gifts that you and your children and children’s children and in time all peoples of this world may have places of shelter and comfort. (To save space and so we can assume that I somehow can make even using the toilet poetic, a basic description of what I’m giving them things such as like the toilets and Schrottplatz and perhaps basic explanation of dropping the seeds where they glow.) You are one of only a handful of peoples throughout the whole of the world to be visited by the gods and with this honor comes a great responsibility, to meditate and upon what has happened here often and to tell others of the happenings here and teach them of this visit and the of the gifts that we have given. Farewell grandchildren.”
Charlotte and Charlemagne sink back into the fog and for a few minutes the wraith filled fog remains and then it rolls out into the desert before disappearing from site leaving a lingering scent of lilacs and the infrastructure beginning to appear.

Fischer

I will choose a group of about 25 Fischers located in a somewhat central location in the Fischer territory. On the same night that I contact the Trockentreck.

A purple fog rolls gently into the midst of the Fischer…(see the above description from my appearance to the Trockentreck.)

“Greetings children of Godric. We are Charlotte and Charlemagne. You have been greatly blessed here protected from humanity’s insane father by your aunt Bridget, who protected you here. But many of your brothers and sisters have not been so fortunate they have been tormented by your father as he spread misfortune throughout the world. It has been decreed that this evil shall not be allowed to continue, behold the moon where Godric has been sealed until time itself crashes to a halt, and Bridget who has cared so well for you has been granted guardianship over all of humanity. She has set into motion the beginnings of a new world where the torments of the past may be forgotten. This change will not come easily though. The world must give birth to these changes as a woman gives birth to a child. The life of a human is short, a blink of a god’s eye and generations shall pass before the new world is to reach its fullness but even in your lifetimes, great things will be seen. A great gift has been selected for you and for all, a shelter from the coming storms, places of comfort for all. (Briefly describe what I’m giving them and how to use it.)
Dear children you have been given a great honor of being one of only a handful of peoples to be visited by the gods. With this honor comes great responsibility. Meditate on the events of this night and teach them to those you meet, and teach them to use these great gifts as we have taught you. Farewell grandchildren.”

Charlotte and Charlemagne sink back into the wraith filled fog that lingers for a few minutes before rising high into the sky and disappearing in a flash of lighting leaving the lingering smell of lilacs, and the infrastructure beginning to appear.

Place the Garden Of Eden Machinery

A Kristallstraub should be placed near each of the groups I am contacting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:57 am

I'm not going to say too much here right now, since I'm still working on getting other people their turn zero's. Before turn zero's are finished though I need further description of how you appear, obviously two figures since your saying you appear as two gods but . . . what do they look like in each of these visions? Or do you want me to choose?
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
New Player
Charlotte

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am

I don't know if you missed this or just didn't know I was going for the same look for both the Trockentreck and the Fischer peoples but the below is taken from the second section under the Trockentreck heading. beneath where I describe the who and when. it is above my actual talking.

A purple fog smelling of lilacs rolls gently over the oasis. A multitude of wraiths a slightly darker purple then the fog and of all shapes and sizes dance and stroll through the fog whispering to each other in an unintelligible melodic language. Two of these wraiths solidify into the figures of a man and a woman 10’ tall dressed in black robes dotted with twinkling stars and trimmed with red fur. Their hair is pure white and their tanned skin glows with an internal light. The woman’s hair is braided into pigtails that reach down to her ankles and atop her head is a crown of horns woven to form the circular base and topped with jewel studded antlers. Her eyes are a deep violet that shines with maternal warmth. The man’s hair reaches down his back and his beard reaches to his knees. The crown on his head is made of a dark polished granite base from this base rises scalloped shells overlapping and rising upward to form a cone. His eyes are the color of the desert sand and he projects a sense of benevolent power. They do not “speak” but sing together making their words into a beautiful song.

Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I'd just missed it I think, I skimmed things really quickly as I was working on another person's turn zero. Looks good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm not counting explaining how to use the toilet as a technology since that's part of your birth action and it seems reasonable that we include it there. Also because it's not something they are likely to learn to do better in the future or improve on. You don't get better or worse at using the toilet really, and they can't design a better flower house, it's just put it in the ground where the thing glows and wait. Sure the people can extropolate from that and the way the technology looks plantlike and figure out on their own how to plant seeds but . . . that's different, that's them figuring stuff out based on logic and not being completely stupid.

So what I'm realizing is that you have the ability to give technology to one or both groups or mark them in some way, or do something else entirely. Two options from the list in the communication actions section. Please don't totally use this to trash everything, since I've already started work on your turn one, but I don't want you to miss out on something you could have given the people either. In your place I'd give the trockentreck knowledge of fire, and perhaps provide the Fischers with lesser knowledge of fire fire and also the idea of smoking their fish. But in the end it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
New Player
Charlotte

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Fire I plan to make mostly obsolete fairly soon so I don't think I'll give them that. intead to the Fischers who live in area full of reeds I give the reed flute a gift from there cousin Idabelle (goddess of melody)

http://www.ehow.com/how_6700196_make-reed-flute.html

To the the Trockentreck I give bardic tradition a gift from their cousin Homer (god of story telling)

Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Awesome that will certainly have an effect on the cultures I'm developing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Can you further describe what you mean by bardic tradition? As that could cover a lot of things, story telling, memorization, acting, singing, dancing . . . I want to make sure I understand the specifics of what your telling them.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
New Player
Charlotte

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:53 pm

I was thinking storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:42 pm

That should work well for the successor cultures that come into play next turn. A bardic tradition of story telling fits well with my plans for the way I've been developing the square in light of the radical/rapid changes your making to the soil and climate. Since you were the first one to get a completed turn in during the pre game setup period I've been experimenting with how I want to do things using you as the example, which makes sense, you and arachnia are the first two turns I did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charlotte Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Turn #0   Charlotte Turn #0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlotte Turn #0
Page 1 of 1