The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arachnia's Notes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 pm

~Player Notes~
This is a section set up for the player to take notes on their ideas and how they think their turns may progress. It may be a mess, or an interesting adjunct to reading the actual turns later depending on how well, and if, the players keep their records.
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Question. In my naratives you stated at thestart of each peoples that it's one of 3 races in my area, but in both that post and in the demographics there is only info on 2 peoples... Was that a typo, or is the third not one of "my" peoples so I know nothing about them???

(I'm starting to plan my communication action.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:47 am

It was a typo, thanks for pointing it out, you got two people, which made each one a bit more advanced compared to the template where I had originally planned three. It made more sense that way as I figured out the history of the area. You'll probably also notice as you look that each of your races has 150 tech points, while Charlotte, who actually did get three peoples, had each one getting only 100 tech points to spend learning things and becoming more sophisticated.

Typo is fixed. I really hope you like the people I came up with to populate your area. Smile Also this little notepad is here for random ideas, questions, and such outside your official turn, glad your already able to make use of it.
Back to top Go down
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:10 am

Ok, cool, thanks!! And yes, I'm quite fond of them!! :-)
Back to top Go down
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:32 pm

PLANS!!!

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOd-p-ueZ8U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

what ever the biggest spiders in my area are, I want to give them "higher animal intelegence" and "small pack hunting". If they don't have any spinners I want to give them that.
I want them domesticatable to my people. I want them to hunt snakes/ protect my people from snakes. (bottom the elimination of the snakes, but to keep the dwelling areas safe from them).
Maybe a set # compared to my population, so they don't over populate, kill off the snakes entirely.

I want them to bring the empty snake skins (the actual ones, not sheddings) back to my peoples so they can be used- maybe woven into nets or snares or something to aid in hunting.

2. DEDICATED RITUAL: when my people hunt or otherwise kill an animal, they must Say "I thank you for your sacrifice and send your spirit to Aracnia" (may make this a bit more elaborate). I know I don't ACTUALLY get points from animal spirits, BUT the points from this ritual are going to support the "if they DONT thank and commend the spirits of animals" effect: that person will see a "ghost" (illusion) of the animal they killed, at all times, it will follow them, constantly moaning. Until they DO thank the spirit and "send it to me". Then all will be well. :-) the "ghost" is very distracting and may begin to "decay" in appearance as time goes until it's "released".

(still debating this part):
if they come across an injured or ill appearing animal, they should wish it's spirit to me, and leave it alone, so it is "less likely to harm them". Of course if they mess with the animal it's liable to kill then, but that's on them, "clearly they didn't wish it a peaceful death". ;-)

3. AFTERLIFE:
I am still hashing this out, but there will be a self expanding library into which the knowledge and experiences of every spirit are recorded, and cross referenced by topic, after they die (then I consume the soul). The whole library will appear to be whatever written language the person visiting/ knowledge questing uses.

I haven't decided who or how this can be accessed by the living, but it will require some ritual.

4. Written language:
I'm not going to give it to my peoples YET, but I'm going to develope a written language that translates smoothly into the spoken languages of both my peoples. **I'm going to boost the developement of their spoken languages before giving this**

This is the preliminary language the library of my after life will be transcribed in, even before the spirits going there have learned it.

**none of this is concrete figured out, but I DO want all of this. Feedback welcomed!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 am

I would be very careful with the spider uplift, especially if you don't want to kill off everything in the forest, and it sounds like you don't even really want to kill off the snakes just protect your people from being killed so much. Spiders are venomous, and they are not very nice creatures overall. Your talking about solitary hunters who patiently trap their prey, immobilize it, and drink the fluids from it's body while it's still technically alive. Female spiders also are often sexual cannibals killing and eating their mates during or right after mating. Bottom line they are very dangerous pets to have, and higher levels of intelligence and social organization would likely make wild ones a worse threat than the snakes. A pack of venomous spiders who individually could take down a bird might now be able to take down a deer or even one of your people if they were very unlucky.
Back to top Go down
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Can I make them submissive to my people? I'd prefer an imprint to a spell, but either could work. I want a controled population, like maybe 1 spider per inhabited tree?

I don't really want them soul bound to my folks. I don't want that Many and it comes with weird bahavior shifts usually.

Any suggestions on how to get close to this??
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 am

It sounds like you might be better off with some sort of spider shaped supernatural creature rather than an actual race of such creatures. The first thing a real race of spiders would do given higher intelligence, a pack for protection, and the ability to hunt big game . . . would be to breed everywhere and start killing things, beginning with the warm blooded mammals and probably not reaching the snakes until things were gone. But you don't really want spiders as a dominant life form in your forest, or even to really get rid of the snakes. You just want something to help your people hunt, keep their homes clear of predators, and do whatever other cool thing you might build into a small population of spider spirits or totems or whatever.
Back to top Go down
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:08 am

Yeah, that'd probably work a lot better. :-) I'll hatch a new plan along those lines and post it later.

Any input on the other items in my "plans"?
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm

The library is entirely possible, I set something similar up for a player called "lord bear" in the last set of sample games I was working on. It will probably cost a bit given that it won't be a birth action effect. I think he wound up with something like nine points reserve for it as a birth action all told, and you'll likely want to expect a reserve cost of somewhere near 80 points depending on how you actually do it, you may want more or less from the action than he did. Drinking up souls is something a few players have latched on and I'll be doing some more work on the mechanics of the soul battery over the next week or so since it's become so important this game. With three out of seven players latching onto the idea I'll want to really be looking at those rules over the next week. Corruption is certainly possible here, looking at the chart notes players start out with 50 points of tolerance to soul energy so it's a smaller risk than other batteries so long as players don't go overboard with it. You may want to shield yourself from the corruption by sending it straight through in a dedicated way to power some sort of ongoing effect, perhaps supporting the library . . .

Working on language and writing sounds like a very interesting path to go and I really look forward to seeing what you do with that.
Back to top Go down
CheetahCat
New Player
CheetahCat

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Cool. Yeah, I was thinking about having the devoured souls fund the library, mention to say that.

I'll try to find that same game so I can draw compare/ contrast of what I want for my afterlife-library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arachnia's Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arachnia's Notes   Arachnia's Notes Empty

Back to top Go down

Arachnia's Notes
Page 1 of 1