The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mesnoth Turn #7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:55 am

Gamemaster's Post
Mesnoth Turn # 7

Reserved Points: 1 Maintaining crytal aura, -1 Altar Rituals

Faith: 23 (0 +25-2)
Fear: 2 (0+2)
Population: 340

Technology Known: Weaving Bowls/Plates/Mats, primitive farming (mansa, manboo, rice, and yams), Swimming, Woven mat cottages and pontoon cottages/walls, Reed fish traps, woven canoes and pontoons, Manboo spears

Special: 1 six foot long and 2 foot wide rectangular glowing crystal "seed" weighing about 1 ton. Dead sitting in the center of the first village as an altar. It's a dark spoiled fruit purple with lighter blue worms of energy crawling through it. Very eerie.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:03 am

Gamemaster's Post:
Description

The past one hundred years have been a slow boring summer for the people. The men have gotten better at hunting and a few even sit on the council again though women still dominate it. Numbers have swelled within your walls and while the crops grow extremely well the village stinks and some of your people have been dying young due to sickness, many of the men make excuses to stay out on the hunt overnight to avoid the stench.

Midway through the turn the strange and eerie purple crystal slab with it's glowing worms of light rose from the depths and settled in the middle of the administrative complex and some of the people wonder if it is the source of the diseases, and what they may have done to anger you. They pray for ways to appease you and end what they see as your wrath upon them!
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 am

hmmmm . . . Didn't I say I wanted the people resistent to the diseases caused by crowding?????

(1) First I am going to give a mass vision telling them that I am displeased with their filth and showing them new skills to help clean up our filthy village.

To begin with I want to teach them how to start fires with two sticks, and how to cook their food, especially the meat.

Second I want to show them how clay can be used to coat their baskets making them airtight and feces and urine can be stored in such a basket and dried over a fire for safe use as fertilizer in the feilds, rather than polluting my village.

I want it to be one long mass vission, though I'm sure it will cost more as I'm burning this into their brains. If I have the points to do more I'll also tell them to expect more instruction soon.

(2) I use my free sight within 20 miles of the obelisk to find another nearby island. It shouldn't be too near though, a balsa wood raft can go up to 22 miles an hour on the open sea and while it might be slower on the river my rafts are more boyant than balsa wood and my people have had centuries to become skilled in their use. I want an island that has some wild Oil palms growing on it already as well, and at least ten miles away. Shouldn't be hard to find such a place though if an island can't be found I'll settle for the river's coast.

(2) Once the village is clean I give as many of the people as I can for the normal 9 point mass vision. The vision shows how to do the sacrifice rituals for men and women that I set up last turn. I also tell them that half the people should move to my new location and set themselves up with a second village in my honor. I tell them that I have given them much and those who wish my continued favor should give something back to me!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:56 am

They are resistant but not immune and you've got a large number of people living in a swamp surrounded by their own waste products and lot of slow moving water complete with mosquitos. It's nasty, think living in the toilet bowl. lol

(1) I think we can manage that it's 9 points for the vision with one concept and I'll add an extra 3 point cost for each additional idea for a total of 15 points. We can use your new fear points here to emphasize that you are UNHAPPY with this filth.

(2) Done you find a promising spot on the banks of the river where wild oil palm grows. The surrounding land is wet and swampy but your people are used to that it's a great spot to grow yams, rice, manboo, and mansa plants. You might want to name your settlements too so you can refer to them by name rather than as village one and village 2. If you don't name them the people will by the end of next turn, with two villages it's just natural.

(3) Sure that's the standard 9 points so you'll have one point left for next turn.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:31 am

(2) Good idea. I'll call my first village Mesina, the holy city of mesnoth, and the new one Mesarai. Think we're good to go for processing whenever your ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mesnoth Turn #7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #7   mesnoth Turn #7 Empty

Back to top Go down

mesnoth Turn #7
Page 1 of 1