The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sakana Turn #0

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonspar
Staff

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

Sakana Turn #0
This sheet records important details about your Deity.

Corruption
Energies like order, chaos, or primal are terribly alien to the gods nature and swallowing them can alter the deities makeup. We call this sort of permanent alteration corruption, and if a player ever has 100 points of corruption in a single type of energy his deity becomes an entity controlled by the game's staff. Over time deities who drink a lot of these types of energy can also gain tolerance allowing them to handle more and more energy with less and less risk of corruption.

------------
Soul
Order
Chaos
Primal
Border
Cosmic
Corruption

Tolerance

Max Drank

Deals
This segment is meant to hold links to any active deals effecting your deity. All deals are subject to review once every five turns and may be altered at some later date, in the meantime they give you benefits and problems outside the purview of the normal game rules.

[none]

Thaumatic Energy Stored & Total Upkeep
This section shows your current amount of stored thaumatic energy

[Hope, Fear, and acceptance will start arriving on turn one]

1 BIRTH ACTION
1 COMMUNICATION ACTION

Dedicated Banks
This entry is meant to hold ritual points that have been dedicated to specific tasks. Points in these banks can only be used for those tasks.

[none]

Links
This contains links to the other posts listed within this turn so that you can easily navigate between them using the forward and back buttons on their browser rather than needing separate tabs open at all times. Player actions should always start below this post.

Sakana Turn #0: DEMOGRAPHICS
Sakana Turn#0: NARATIVES

Summary
We don't know anything much about Sakana yet. The Game has just begun and we are eager to meet this player.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 am

I'm not running this turn but yesterday I was talking to dragonspar and sakana at a restaurant before work and a few things got mentioned I'd like to have the player clarify in writing, just to make sure I'm understanding this turn properly:

• The player's race breeds like fish. She plans to have them eventually build breeding pools to contain the eggs/larvae but . . . in the meantime like a fish they send out thousands of eggs into the ocean, most of which are eaten by marine life as part of the living soup that is the basis of the marine food chain. Then they grow into larvae/tadpoles which eat smaller marine life, and each other. Only the strongest survive. Females are larger than the males at this stage, and males pair up to hunt and to attack/attach to a female. At that point the larvae begins to immediately start developing into a larger three headed fish that school about in the water. These fish eventually become the adult "Breeder" with a fully human brain and social structure.

• Only worshipers of Sakana get the protections against other children from their goddess, these aren't psionic. Also only children who worship Sakana are the center of the random killing effect. This prevents large populations of non-worshipers from eventually, potentially, destroying the goddess via causing her high costs without giving her any income.

• Question not discussed at the restaurant. Obviously if one male in a pair is killed it can't overpower a female and latch on as a parasite. So every generation there will be a small number of males who have no mates, and an even smaller number of females who were able to successfully fend off all attackers in their generation/area. What are these non breeding drones like? I understand that the males have less psionic powers of some sort, assuming different/lower number than the breeders. Also understanding the females are not intelligent; about as smart as a monkey? What are they like physically? All questions I'd like to know the answers to.

• Other questions not discussed that I'd like an answer to is vision. Outside the water with big eyes and a light like an angler fish I'm assuming they are nocturnal and see perfectly well. Is that correct? Also do they have a separate lens, like a second eyelid, to allow them to see in the water without distortion? Can they breath under water? If not how long can they hold their breath?

Thanks ahead of time for answering, they questions just got stuck in my head, and I'd like the answers from yesterday actually on the forum so I can "officially" think about them. lol.
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Little One
New Staff

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:03 pm

sounds about right, women are going to be fish monkeys, big ugly fish monkeys. guys are probably going to grab onto some sort of big game or something and hunt around like that until they become humanoidish. they can breath and see under water.
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

wait...are you saying your males can hijack directly into other animals on a temp basis nefore they perm link into a female?

also, we have discussed it a bit, but i do need the exact proposal, not just what powers and etc the people have, but who you turn into them, and how, is it sudden? gradual? people from many different groups? just one? etc...
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

as well as your communication action/etc...etc.... jst need to know exactly what you are doing to whom, and if you have any questions, etc.
Back to top Go down
Little One
New Staff

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Males are not directly linking into the thing they are like parasites for the moment, eventually they will fall off and move on to another prey animal. The ones who aren't able to find a mate use this method of feeding to grow into humanoid shape. The females try to do the same thing if they are smart enough to do so.

I want the change the Kadad but not the arminshinians into my fish people because they are warriors and scary, fun stuff like that. They will be perfect for my purpose. The change should be sudden and painful. Side note my telepathy is safe for humans since these guys come from human stock will be using this later in communication action.

(Communication Action)

I will gather together the leaders of very warlike Kadad tribes and if I can their families, onto a dark and deserted beach. Preferably this is somewhere away from the villages, maybe an offshore island. I want groups that are not actually fighting one another, either allied groups or ones who are dominant in their own area as the tribes are scattered up and down the coast.

Suddenly a giant wave rolls onto the beach and I appear. I am a towering giant of a woman at least ten feet tall, with sea weed for hair, human in shape and strikingly pretty, but with fish-like scales, pale skin, dark hair, dark nails, and teeth like a shark. I'm clothed in robes made of water that is almost but not quite transparent like looking down at my body through deep water even though the clothing is right up against the skin.

I will then tell these people that I am Sakana, goddess of the sea and storms. I have come to love them and their purpose and because I love them I will grant them power to help defeat their foes, they will become my children, the first people I have come to on the land. They and their tribes will worship me in return for the great gifts I give them or I will smite them and find others to be my champions. I explain what their powers will be and how to use them.

I will then send most of them back to their villages and give them time to explain what is happening. Once they are done explaining the transformation will begin and all of the Kedad tribes I have chosen, will begin to transform into full breeders. People will be merged together by threes to make this more traumatic. Families will be broken up, Human males and females will be all mixed up on a single body with no regard for what sex they started as. If needed the most bold warriors of other nearby tribes will be merged in to make a full breeder, nobody is a lone male or female here. The exception to this are the ones I hold back.

The 25 I hold back will each simply grow two new heads with duplicate personalities as they are moved to the cave where the shamans meet instead of to where I picked them up. They appear there with their armor and weapons as the ritual against the darkness is about to begin. They alone hear me tell them that they must explain to the shamans that I am sakana goddess of the water and darkness and that they have greatly displeased me and because of it I have sent my children to take over their lands and wreak hovak on their people until they learn to be more pleasing! I will also tell these few that the rulership is a great honor for they are the most pleasing of my children and not to disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sakana Turn #0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakana Turn #0   Sakana Turn #0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sakana Turn #0
Page 1 of 1