The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Explaining turn #6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Explaining turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Explaining turn #6   Explaining turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Looking at the basic data

Nothing really new here. The population growth did take a major hit this turn, but since the base numbers increased so much last turn the player probably didn't really notice it.

Faith is up another point, and the seed is dead. Mesnoth had one turn to use it or lose it and I came up with a nice eerie blood red glow for the "dead" seed. It's still a potent resource though for later. Of course altering the seed will also be costly, but if Mesnoth plays his cards right the alteration might just be worth the cost.
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

Explaining turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explaining turn #6   Explaining turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Looking at the Description

Here we learn that almost all the casualties last turn were men and that women now totally dominate the council of elders. This was a fairly dull turn for me to write because everything is going according to plan and design. Mesnoth knows exactly what he's doing and his people are peaceful and content.

There are hints that a matriarchy could emerge, but as the male population is rising again that isn't likely to happen soon unless Mesnoth does something to push the issue. One generation isn't enough to destray the traditions of such a conservative culture. Many of these women had fathers or grandfathers on the council.

In a way it's nice that this is a rather boring turn for me because at this exact moment elsewhere in africa Drethnor is increasing the population of his bird person tribe dramatically.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Explaining turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explaining turn #6   Explaining turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 pm

The Conversation

Once again mesnoth is foiled by the fact that moving this huge crystal is more expensive for him than it would be for anyone else. The player though DOES want this crystal moved and is willing to suffer for a turn before his bigger actions begin. Another set up turn.

The most interesting part of the conversation is that I had initially turned his crystal altar red as a sign the seed had died, his idea was better so I let the color I "Chose" be changed. The altar never glowed red, now it spoiled into a dark inky purple with writhing worms of blue light within, like a spoiled fruit. Don't be afraid to make suggestions like that, it can help the gamemaster out, just don't be surprised or whine if your idea is NOT taken, if he'd suggested something less fitting, say a nice leaf green, I would have said no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Explaining turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explaining turn #6   Explaining turn #6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Explaining turn #6
Page 1 of 1