The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drethnor Turn #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 am

GameMasterPost: Drethnor's Turn #1

Basic Data:

Faith Points 10
Fear Points 10
Population 35
Free Action: 1 (Must be used this turn)
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 am

GameMasterPost: Drethnor's Turn #1

Description:

You gradually rise to awareness within the minds of a small group of 35 naked men and women. These poor wretches have been just barely getting by scavenging lion kills for meat and collecting edible yams and berries on the west african coast. They have a few stone stone tools and are jabbering at each other in a language that bears a close relationship to complete nonsense. What do you want to do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 am

Drethnor's Post

Free Action:

The very first thing I want to do is to alter the nearest two lion prides. I want this pride of big cats and their descendents to be domesticatable like a pack of dogs. To seperate MY lions from normal, dangerous, lions I also want to mark them with an orange and black tiger stripe coloring. Is this ok?

Action 1:

I want to locate a large freshly killed elephant that some pride of lions has left to rot in the hot african sun. Once I know where that is I will appear in the dream of the most respected of my miserable scavengers and direct him to the kill as a way to build up his faith in me. I make sure that he will REMEMBER this dream and tell his friends so they can go find the carcass.

Action 2:

Assuming the tribe has found the carcass and are all standing around it chowing down I am going to use my fear power to send lightning bolts down from the clear blue sky to selectively burn both tusks into the shape of a spear perfect for spearing fish.

Action 3:

Having done that the next night I will return to the dreams of my chosen one and teach him how to spear fish with this new tool. I'll locate good fishing spots before I do this and lead him to one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 am

Gamemaster post

Free Action:

Sure you can make a few prides of lions domesticatable and give them tiger coloring. No problem at all. It falls within the examples I gave so no problem.

Action 1:

Locating the elephant is one action, appearing in the dream is a second one. Both actions together are going to cost you ten points. Five to find the elephant, and five to locate the right follower and imprint the dream strongly inside his head. That uses up your faith points for this turn.

Action 2:

You only have enough fear points to do this to ONE tusk. It takes a bit of power to pull down a lightning bolt from the clear blue sky, and controlling it with enough finesse to carve a useable fishing spear takes even more power. It doesn't help that this is the first time you've tried such a thing and aren't very skillful, or that you really haven't thought much about HOW such a weapon would be formed or used in the past. Your doing ALL that research and experimentation now. You've got a decent spear and all, but it totally drains you.

Action 3:

Your out of points. The fishing spear exists and you've got an idea of how it should be used, but nobody else is going to know anything except that it was created by you in a frightful display of fiery power!

If you want to try to alter this turn we still have time. Just get me in the alterations before Sunday Night. Everything HAS to be final by then. Not a bad job though, even if you didn't get everything done that you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 am

Drethnors Post

Thanks. Yeah I guess I did try to do too much at once, and I was a bit flashy. Since I have time I want to redo the turn and try to get things RIGHT this time. Here is the altered turn.

Free Action:

Instead of the lions I'd like to find a breed of large vulture. I'm going to increase their brain size to about the intelligence and temperment of a large dog so my people can domesticate them later on. I looked it up online and the Lappet Faced Vulture is the largest and most aggressive species I'll base mine on that if possible.

Along with a larger brain I'm going to also give MY vultures sharper claws , better eyesight, and a good sense of smell. But the biggest thing I want for these birds is to copy the sort of connection I seem to have with my people. I want MY birds to tell me what they see as they fly over the west african landscape. If possible I also want to make the change to the birds in FRONT of my tribe. Seems like if they are scavenging they should be in the same location as vultures fairly frequently. I want to make an impression!

Action 1:

Getting the information from my new flying friends I'll enter the dream of my tribeman, introduce myself, and lead them to the elephant like I was going to do before. However instead of getting flashy trying to teach them to fish or making spears I'm just going to spend the rest of this turn repeating this sort of act whenever they are getting too hungry. Their vulture god is watching from the sky and will lead them to rotting meat and even fresh fruits and vegetables as needed. The vultures should be able to spot a lot of such things from the sky!
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 am

Game Masters Post

Feedback
Free Action:

Ok, thats a lot bigger change than just coloring and temperment. Especially starting this psychic connection between you and the birds is a BIG deal. By allowing that I'd basically be giving you spies to fly around the area watching everything from the sky, and once your people domesticate them you'd have spies in their homes too, worshipper or not.

It's too big a change to be free, however I will allow it providing your willing to expend all TEN fear point altering this birds before the eyes of your people. Turning their buzzard competitors into a larger, smarter, better armed foe is certainly an action your people would initially look uppon with fear. If your not willing to pay that price I'll use your initial turn. We're getting to close to time for me to process things to have you redo it again.

Action 1:

Ok, I can go along with this, your getting the information from the birds so it doesn't cost to find things out, remember though you will only be getting things that the BIRDS find interesting. They won't be pointing out yams to you really, mostly they'll be telling you about predators or large rotting carcasses. They are smarter but your not controlling what they look at, or what they tell you!

However entering a followers dream was costing you 5 points so you'll only be able to do it twice. Could you give me a better plan before friday? I'm sure you meant to do more than two dreams.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 am

Drethnor's Post

Turn 1 (altered)

Your right I do want more than two dreams. If there is a way to I'd like to alter one of my people so that I can speak to them specifically and repeatedly over the course of a turn. Sort of like the prophets we sometimes hear about.

If that doesn't work I think later dreams should at least be cheaper as I learn how to do it better, but if not I'll just have to make the two dreams count. The first one will be devoted to teaching the people to use spears, and the second one to teaching them to tame and raise the vultures!
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 am

Game Masters Post

Turn 1 (Altered)

Yes you can make a prophet, that's fairly standard in this sort game. Making the prophet will cost you four points, and each message after that will cost you just one point! That gives you six messages instead of two.

Of course the messages aren't as clear or vivid as the dreams, but they will work for what you first said, leading the people to food. If you want to actually teach some skill like making and using spears or vulture domestication you'll want to use actual dreams. You can do that in later turns it's time for me to process things now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drethnor Turn #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #1   Drethnor Turn #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Drethnor Turn #1
Page 1 of 1