The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drethnor Turn #2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:31 am

Gamemater's post:
Drethnor Turn #2

Faith Points 10 (0+10)
Fear Points 6 (0+6)
Human Population 44
Dread Vultures: 20

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:32 am

Gamemaster's Post:

Description:

People still tell the story of the day when a group of common buzzards were suddenly bathed in hot red fire and transformed into Drethnors mighty Dread Vultures, powerful creatures of fear and respect! They also speak of how you came to them in a dream as the mighty vulture god and led their revered prophet Phred to a great elephant's carcass.

About half of your original tribe managed to die young from accidents, disease, or malnutrition, but you managed to keep them all fed and warned them away from the very worst dangers. Children have been born into your faith and they manage to eat a fairly steady diet of meat. They've learned to watch for your buzzards to show them where food is, the big birds tend to stand as they fly overhead.

The population of your buzzards has also grown. You started out with just a few animals gathered around one corpse, yet now you have a full TWENTY birds! Congratulations. You also notice that these birds never go too far away from your tribe. They fly around in about a two mile radius from your peoples camp looking for food, and then seem to get uncomfortable and fly back in towards "home base". Which is one reason why they are so easy for your folks to spot.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 am

Drethnor's Post

Action 1:

I'm puzzled, why aren't my vultures flying far and wide? Can I find out why they are staying within a two mile radius? Also who named them "Dread Vultures" anyway? And when did I say I was appearing to my prophet to introduce myself in the shape of a vulture? I'm confused.

Action 2:

I'm going to go ahead and send forth a dream to one of my people teaching them explicitly how to domesticate some of my birds. I don't want them to get them all, and I'm making sure the woman I choose as "bird tamer" only takes half the eggs from any nest she finds.

Actions 3:

Once the people have some domesticated birds out guiding them to food more directly I'm going to also appear to the strongest male of the tribe and teach him the basics of making long wooden spears with stone heads, and hunting wild game with it to help feed the people and their birds.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 am

Gamemaster's Post

Action 1:

The people had to come up with a name and Dread Vultures seemed fitting. As for the dream you talked about that in your original action 1 with the vultures. I managed to keep in your whole "vulture god' bit by having you briefly appear and introduce yourself when you annointed your "prophet". No big deal.

You examine your vultures and find that when they get too far away from your people and the center of your power they feel heavy, weak, and stupid, they also get a bit dizzy and have a strong urge to fly back. They aren't leaving the two mile radius simply because they apparently get SICK beyond that point!

Action 2:

Of course we know this costs five faith and you manage to give the poor girl detailed instructions. Am I right to assume that you want to try to protect her if trouble happens while she's getting the eggs? Normally I'd simply let her get clawed up or fall to her death trying to raid a vulture nest, but this is your first game.

Action 3:

Again sure thing, he's not going to be too good at it to start but you burn the basic ideas into his brain. This takes seven points as it's a lot of information and it's important he actually learn it or a lion might eat him. If that's ok I'll use 5 faith and two dread. If not let me know and we'll use a weaker dream.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:36 am

Drethnor's Post

Ok sounds good, yes help the girl if she gets in trouble, the hunter too, and 7 points is fine for his dream I'll still have fear points to spare next turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drethnor Turn #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drethnor Turn #2   Drethnor Turn #2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Drethnor Turn #2
Page 1 of 1