The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mesnoth Turn #6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Gamemaster's Post
Mesnoth Turn # 6

Reserved Points: 1 Maintaining crytal aura

Faith: 23 (1+23-1)
Fear: 0 (0+0)
Population: 204

Technology Known: Weaving Bowls/Plates/Mats, primitive farming (mansa, manboo, rice, and yams), Swimming, Woven mat cottages and pontoon cottages/walls, Reed fish traps, woven canoes and pontoons, Manboo spears

Special: 1 six foot long and 2 foot wide rectangular glowing crystal "seed" weighing about 1 ton. Dead.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Gamemaster's Post:
Description

The village wall has gone up in stages and now floats around the island protecting it from most predators; allowing the people to living relative peace and security. All the remaining men are armed with spears and have become skilled in their use. Every so often a crocodile will come up under the wall and need to be put down by your hunters, but that doesn't happen very often these days and the people are content.

Casualties among the men during the past generation were very high but have recently dropped off as the people settle into a new routine. Your current council of elders, however, is now entirely populated by women.

The hunting has added rabbit, moeritherium, and many small reptiles to the people's diet. They eat this meat raw along with fish and the fruit of their harvests. Every so often they also manage to kill a tiger or leopard but these animals are seldom eaten.

Midway through the century the crystal seed sunk in the waters near your obelisk changed it's color from a light blue to a grim red. The people noticed this change and mostly avoid the eerie dead seed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Mesnoth's Post

Nice turn for once everyhing is going according to schedule. My population is up and everyone is living safely behind strong manboo walls! I wonder where the issue is going to come up? This seems almost too easy for one of your games!

(1) First thing I want to do it to raise up that glowing RED crystal slab. Nice touch though I would have picked a different color. Can we retcon it to be a glowing dark purple almost black instead? Like the blue stone spoiled rather than such an extreme change. Perhaps with swirls of lighter blue sparkling inside it?

Here is a diagram for the placement, I hate how this thing keeps taking away my spaces; I've had to repost this THREE TIMES! The periods are empty spots. The O's huts, and the T the slap, with the long side up.

0....T....0

Something like that. The half circle of the administration complex with that slab in the center like an altar facing my giant Obelisk. Of course with the penalty it takes almost half my points to move the thing but ok . . .

(2) I'd like to set up a sacrifice ritual where people put food into a mansa basket and set uppon the altar, and I devour it in a flash of blue light not harming anyone or the basket. The ritual should have two forms. The women sacrifice plants. Rice, manboo, yams, whatever to me thanking me for the plants, the good harvest, and the fertility of the land. The men sacrifice meat and fish thanking me for the peoples success in fishing and the hunt.

(3) After setting this up I'll let the council know the rituals and specify that while no men are currently on the council the oldest hunters should perform the males version of the sacrifice. I further specify that from now on the council is to be made up of the oldest six women, and the oldest six men, not just the oldest twelve people in the tribe. The current council will keep it's seats for life, but the next generation must by needs be chosen according to my new law.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Gamemaster's post
Feedback

(1) done and the color can change easilly so no problem with that. Your idea makes more sense than mine anyway, and fits better with your gods nature.

(2) Normally this would cost 15 points, but I'm guessing you don't need/want the ritual to work outside of your aura? If that's the case it will only cost you 11 but you'll need to use one point as a reserve to preserve the effect turn after turn. I'll let that same one point hold for most other "altar" rituals" providing they aren't too powerful. So you can build on this act later.

(3) You've only got one point left so this will have to wait for next turn. You can set up the rituals, but you won't be able to tell anyone about it till later.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Mesnoth's Post

(3) Hmmm . . . I don't like it but I can't think of any way around it. No sense having the ritual and letting people know about it, while the altar is under water! I'll just have to deal with waiting a turn to start reaping the benefits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mesnoth Turn #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mesnoth Turn #6   mesnoth Turn #6 Empty

Back to top Go down

mesnoth Turn #6
Page 1 of 1