The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
admin

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) Empty
PostSubject: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Registration

(1) What name will your deity go by during this round?

CiyberTron

(2) Please give at least three examples of terrain you'd enjoy having in your area.

Any massive pine forist aria, the black forist of girminy or any rocky/ mountiny lands

(3) If you could would you please give us some ideas about the sort of people you want in your area?

Strong hardy people.. The Norse would be nice lol

(4) Would you like to give us any information about your god and his/her/it's initial plans for this game?

I will be claming to be the planit ciybertron and it will be my peoples mission to rid me of the flesh disies I am aflicted with. I.E. I'll be teraforming earth and all it's inhabitints.

(5)Please design a combination of colors, smells, sounds, or shapes that represent your deities power.

Metel and machines

(6) Do you need to perform you birth action before the game starts? If so what do you have in mind? If not skip this question.

Yes..I'll need a transformation birth action affect.. I want an iv hook up with the power of order batery ( and a garinty I won't turn into an npc lol ) and like last game I'll have my people help with the tranforming the land affect but unlike last game I want them to be able to speed it up if they choose to.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 pm

First I need more details on exactly what sort of transformation you have in mind. How much of the area are you planning to transform and in what manner? I could go in a number of directions with this.

Second, you can't get a guarantee that the rules won't apply to you, if you drink order from a battery you'll wind up risking the NPC transformation eventually. However we may be able to make some sort of deal that gives you some benefit. It really depends on what you have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Right but that go's into birth action/ deals
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:58 am

Exactly, you said you wanted to do it before the game starts so . . . if it's to be a registration period birth action we might as well start hashing out the details and figure out what's what. At the moment, other than knowing that you want to do something here in registration, I'm sort of in the dark as to where your trying to go with this. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Ok so after a long day at work... Im sorry I lied.. My birth action dous not need to be done befour game start as it will not affect anything outside of my starting location untell after game start.

But why not start now lol

First I'll need to make a deal and have a powwow with all the majer powers. What I need as a god is a deeper understanding of all the powers.. How they flow, how they get converted, how they aspect everything they touch and so on.. I'll also need there help with a design for my ( body ) or earth as a transformer Smile I plan to convert earth into a planit sized transforming robot all the while maintaining a steady flow of all the energy ( optimized ) of course

And in that lies my birth action.. Once I have a design the rest is just how fast I can spread lol

But I need to charge my phone so your just going to have to wait on the in-depth details cus I know you want to know how I plan on changing everything
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 am

I'm sure you already realize that your birth action can't simply turn earth into a giant transformer robot under your personal control. That would be an "I win" button of massive proportions and thus against the rules. Also I doubt the great powers are going to simply sit down and be questioned about their deepest secrets by your upstart god. That would be like your son coming out of the womb and telling your wife to fetch him a sandwich while he questioned dear old dad about how the world really works. Not only would you probably not want to obey or explain, you probably wouldn't be quite able to.

That said I'm looking forward to hearing what all you have in mind for your little area of the world as it rests within the box that is your area. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:54 pm

i don't think he was asking to just turn the planet in one turn. but setting up a transformation process would be possible...but tricky and have to deal with all the other supernatural inhabitants of the planet. In theory transforming the planet is possible, but a major undertaking. A birth action that makes it possible, or starts on that long long path should be plausible.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 am

Thinking on this turn if he is planning to know what a machine is, with a stone age population, he may want to do this action as a registration birth action to provide the ability to see into the multitude of mechanized futures from which such inspiration might arise. Otherwise we may have another force utilize his humanoid metallic being concept to their own ends. The deep elementals for example might go in for turning the planet into some sort of psi-tech deep elemental being, just to give one possible idea. Order and cosmic also might have their own ideas ranging from some sort of crystalline life form to an attempt to get rid of life, thought, and the gods on the part of cosmic.
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 am

depdns, he might also be viewing other realities as he is born, not recall if we are allowing that without a birth action to do so, like i know that some options let you bring in stuff from an alternate future, not recall if we leting them view other realities/timelines as they are born to at least know of machines... i thought we were, but not certain
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 am

I think we were only allowing timeline manipulation during registration birth actions, but we may be able to make an exception and say he spent the time doing research or something. It's not like he's doing anything in the past or bringing anything across timelines.
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:39 am

hallo, just saw your reply on cybertron
and yeah, that was my thought as w3ell, trying to recall current setup
as you can only bring things in from other timeslines with a birthaction
butt o what degree can a baby good see/be aware of the concepts of other realities
i mean, not o with him bringing in a steam engine without a birth
but knowing that there are steam engines, and seeing one in action, thats a little dif
also, marja mentioned your car broke down and you in portland
how is all that working?
Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) 369367_1680020356_1300692909_q
The
birth action timeline thing is a tricky scenario. We definitely only
allow it with a birth action, but we also normally only allow time
manipulation with a registration birth action.
In
one way he's not doing anything major, but in another what is the
difference between copying machines and copying something like the
island of England, or machinery from the future like charlotte's action?
As for the car I'm going to have to look at it with steve (my father in law) later, for now I'm ok, but we'll see what happens.

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) 27443_100001121082917_6521_q
i follow, but, i am looking at his workding..
nm
was misrecalling somehting
well, we are allowing fresh born gods to know that machines exist
or could exist
this gets into the question of, what info/knowledge can you just say you have
or is it just the god thinks this should be possible and is trying to figure it out...
etc...
i know we have some rules on this
but
not sure if they fully fleshed to handle this yet, he clearly is coming
in knowing what a mechanical device is, actually, a robot
and wishes to make one
he can have that goal, but to what degree does he know what machines are, and are capable of?
i mean, if we say he looking in timeslines, and just got the IDEA, but not the specs
thats one thing
i mean, i can tell someone all the things done with steam power, but not how any of it works
and they might in time based on the info it is possible invent stuff along those lines they might not have 0otherwise
just, based on the concept
but no, not wanting to give him details spec manuals of modern tech for free, no

Normally
gods get their info from the people and then can build on that with
research. Unfortunately cybertron's people are stone age guys, and he's
talking transformers, not just machinery, but a mechanoid planet, jets,
trucks, robots, the works.

right
why i am saying can we allow them to come in knowing the concepts/ideas of other realities
without the info needed to make them
just knowing such can be done/ or in some realities people are doing it?
saying
'in some timelines poeple fly about in winged metal creations that
shoot fire out their rear' does not tell you how to build a plane
jsut that planes exist
just,
if we not allow some of this, unless we force a birth aciton to cover
this, gets odd how the cybertron god could exist at all
why having this discussion, just, gets interesting

Yeah
it does. It isn't a problem so long as he does a registration birth
action, but if we open the door to concepts from other realities
infecting the gods before birth then we're on a slippery slope.
Especially with cybertron who wants to "invent" the actual mechanisms.
If he can do that why can't someone invent sub machine guns, trains, and
entire mech cities, because "I have the concept" and begin my first
turn creating it for my people.

actually

I'd
have less issue if he was just making metal men powered by his own
energy, supernatural creatures who merely resemble robots or stone
golems, or whatever. But he wants actual machines.

if i recall, you need to spend points to invent something oyu not know how
so the concept means you know it is possible
if you so far down the tech tree, would take a lot to figure out all the details
or at elast
was my understanding of how we were doing that
as in

yeah,
but birth actions we don't charge for, normally costs would be
prohibitive, but in the birth action "inventing" an entire future
society becomes entirely free, and then you just get charged for making
the machinery, or teaching what you "learned" to your people.

nod
this
sort of situation clearly was one we need to better hash out certain
aspects of char creation to handle smoothly, this is good
means we found a spot that needs refining,

But,
of course, like much of cyberton's issues that bumps into the "I win
button" rule, if you have all that mechanical knowledge, even without a
transformation all that knowledge would be an "I win" button, if he can
make robots he can make . . . jets, trains, whatever, or teach his
people to make it all.

i waqs not saying he knows how to make jets
just that jets exist
would still need to pay to figure out how they work
problem we run into
is if you know how to make devices
and have the power to make them
you can
and you as a god should be able to get some tech info prety fast

Interesting
thought. I have less issue with that, and it gets back to the "does he
really make jets, or do the deep elementals trick him, or is he stuck
with supernatural critters" question.

i mean, you can be handing out obsidian spears right around the start if you really want
my wording was very explicit i thought
not in any way handing him manuals
just that such things exist
he would still need to figure out how to make them
or make them work
so we can justify that cybertron want to make robots
but starts off not knowing how to make them
saying handheld objects called guns that shoot bits of metal at high speeds exist in other realities
does not tell a god of stoneage poeple enough to make a gun

Yup,
I think though that since birth actions are free we need to figure out
the limits on what he can "figure out" if he knows something is
possible. Figuring out everything yourself on turn zero with a birth
action seems rule breaking to me, even if you DO know it's possible.

it
does give him the idea that might make it more likely given time for
him to exepriment and invent how to make a gun like object
ok, you clearly were not understanding me
i was
and i thought i said this clearly
not in any way saying he knew how to make them
on turn 1
jus he knew they existed, and could start trying to figure out how
just 'i know this is possible, but not know how yet'
mearly was justifying him knowing of such things being possible
not in any way shape or form handing him specs, manuals, or how tos

ok,
miscomunication there. I'm trying to say I have a problem with him
trying to figure it out with a birth action since birth actions are
free.
I think that's breaking the "I win button" rule.

and i was very much agreeing with you

k,
then we are on the same page. I've got to run, but definitely a spot we
should revisit and clarify in person soon. Going to post this
conversation to the cybertron turn.

ok, and i put a post on vadalin
saying we had talkied on his birht action in past
not sure what changed
give mne a writeup
and will go from there

sweet
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Well I hope by now you guys have figured out what can and can not be done with a birth action lol but moving forward I need a question answerd.. Will I, as a god, be looking into the future to discover " tech " for my plans to work the way I'd like( as i and mr admin had talked about in person) or is that no longer an option since the closing of registration
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Looking into the future is no longer an option because registration closed before you got back to me that you really did wish to do a registration birth action, at this point we are operating under the rules of turn zero birth actions where temporal actions are prohibited. Sorry about that, I did try to warn you weeks and weeks ago that you probably wanted to change over to a registration birth action. We may allow a deal of some sort with another entity but it's going to be much steeper cost to get the information you need, and you may not get the info, just the machinery and have to reverse engineer it yourself, or figure out what you got if you get something supernatural like metal golems or some such weirdness. Really wish you'd gotten back to me sooner, but knowing you this is purposeful because you are stress testing, or at least stressing us out. LOL ::grins::
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

No it's just life got in the way.. Pushing the limits of the game or forcing the staff to answer questions they havint yet answerd inorder to help define the game is one thing.. Pushing the limits of the staff by purposefully not posting on time to see if I could get away with it is uncalled for and would make me an ass. And as such I don't know why if you would ever suspect that kind of behavior you would continu to allow me to play.. If the roles where reversed and I thought a player of mine acted in such a way I'd ban him/her untell further notice for bad conduct.

By the way it hurts to know you think so little of me.

But as it stands I will no longer be able to go forwerd with my former plans with "transformers" so instead I'll go necro.

Registration will stay the same except my gods name, the discripton/ intentions and the symble/ theme

Gods name is changing to: Mortis

My intent will be to create a cast system with undead as the ruling class.. Warlike/ knowledge seeking magic using god of death

Symble will be a gothic style Celtic cross ( with the circle at the crossing ) and the smell of old death.

The deal: I still want the exponential groth expanding aria effect.. Mostly cosmetic but.. I want the land to look dark and gray with a mostly overcast look/ feel ( illusion for the most part with the overcast I'm not actually changing the groth rate of plants or blocking out the sun.. I.e. You can still get a sun burn even though it looks overcast.) but the plants/ animals/ earth stay dark and deathlike no matter where they go even though they all still function normally.

I want to see/ hear all things in my aria ( sorted by importance/relevance of corse )

I want first dibs on any soul in my aria of affect!!

I'll give up any sight beyond my aria and any right to an interupt!! Ever!!

And what's left of my birth action will be to set up a magic system and reduce my upkeep for it.

More on the magic system pending approval

Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Actually I think rather highly of you, my thought had been that you were stress testing and wanted to see the actual resolution of the discussion me and Dragonspar were having three posts back. In that context it wouldn't be as bad as you were understanding. The issue was mostly resolved in the post, but we were going to be discussing further in person, and you had no way of knowing our eventual prognosis. Writing the post saying that the concept mostly was going to need to be reworked also was a learning experience for me, the rules get a lot more specific now, and there are good reasons for them, but we've never had them get in the way of an idea exactly like this before. Full apology for it seeming like I was insulting you.

Going on from there I really like the new idea, I've always liked the whole undead/gothic thing as a theme. I'll want to confer with dragonspar on the deal bit. I'm going to want to come up with a good reason why you get no interrupts ever, though I do like the idea as a significant drawback. Maybe your god simply reacts slowly for some reason. We'll probably also want to discuss the sorting system for what you automatically see, this probably goes along with your gods slow methodical nature, it seems like a lot of things he's doing simply on instinct, like a zombie or something, but I'll want to clarify what sort of things he is watching for . . .

This combination could actually get frustrating to you because you'll be much more likely to get a report of things going wrong between turns than other players are, but you won't be able to act on that information until the next turn begins. I foresee you wanting to have a lot of automation in place to deal with things when your god is "dormant" or however we want to explain it. During the turn, obviously, you'd be able to get information on things happening in your area just by asking, like you going through a database of information you've collected but didn't consciously pay attention to at the time.

Tentatively I'd suggest the magic system be a supernatural creature system based on creating these undead your talking about, and I'd suggest that we'd probably limit their range to within "your area". I'll be changing your god name now for the forum, let me know if you want to alter your login name to match but I'll leave things be for now. We'll probably place new restrictions in place as part of the deal once we know for sure what sort of magic system your talking about.
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

I was thinking a completely interactive afterlife where I would have a physical reprisentation where as I'd stay informed of the goings on of the mortal world but only be able to " touch" it every hundred years or so.. I. E. Mortis is asleep and has more importint things to worry about but if you realy need to speak with him all you need do is die and find a way back lol

Witch of course I want the magic system to suport Smile

Talking with the dead, turning people into vampires ( my vision of them of course ) zombies, skeletons, soul steeling powers, posessing corpsess all kinds of nasty death like stuff.. But I also would like spells of the general arcain veriety as well.. Enchanting or imbuing items with power, conjuring an eldrich blast or ice as a weapon or shild.. You know something I can make an empire out of Smile I'm just not shure what/ how meany spells I can start with
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:38 pm

As for the no interupt.. Not slow just not that concerned with " life" I expect my people to deal with any problems that cum up and everything else I'll handle/ fix when I get to it... So the ice shards brought down on my people from the heavins.. Will hit, will kill a lot of people and will make me verry mad.. But I'll deal with it when I as a god am good and ready too lol

I'm thinking I may walk among the living for one year out of every hundread at witch point I'd do what I was going to do for the turn.. Not shure yet.. I'd need a good avitar
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Hallo! admin n i been looking this over, and have a few questions/comments:

what is defined as important?

is the expansion automatic, or require action by his people?
if so, what sort of action you looking for?

There are no X effects, we can set up an effect so most souls will be gathered up and collected in your afterlife like your worshipers, but a soul with a powerfull enough connection/protection to/from a god or other powerful entity will resist.

As for the bit of not caring, will let them sort things out and only react every hundred years, that sounds like the description of a soft limit. that is, something you won't do, but COULD....if you are waving the right to ever do it, thats a hard limit, you cannot do it. This view of your people might be WHY you agree to a deal that imposes this limit, i do kinda like the idea of you showing up every hundred years in an avatar for a year though, we would need to sort that out a bit more though.

A bit of a question on your overcast effect. I like it, very thematic, howevr, one bit of wording is unclear to me: '... the plants/ animals/ earth stay dark and deathlike no matter where they go even though they all still function normally.'
Now, i got that a plant/animal looks dark n deathlike in your zone, but this mean that they are forever marked when they leave this zone? that it never fades? Even the dirt and rocks? Basicly, is it just an illusion, are living things gaining an effect that outside your zone they will eventually get over, or are you enchanting everything permenently? The costs on these options are all very different.
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:18 pm

1: I gess that would be a relative thing ( important ) every one will end up prioritizing things just a bit different. I think for ease of play just right my turns as you normally would and I'll ask deeper questions as needed.. Though it would be nice to know if I have an uprising about to happin or another god being worshiped in my aria.

2: expansion is to be automatic, no upkeep from the people.. But if you want me to sack souls or people to keep it going let me know so we can barter

3: no x affect and didnt expect one I just want the souls from people that die in my aria wether they worship me or not.. Within reason of course.. I don't expect to get souls of the verry faithful of other gods

4: hard limit.. My wording was how I'd like my people to rationalize it.

5: sorry I wasint clear.. Sky is illusion.. Plants/ animals and the earth I want to permanently alter/ that isn't to say another god cant of course change it back.. They can but the things touched by the power of Mortis will not be able to revert on there own

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 pm

thanks, will need to hash some of those things over with john.
just a couple comments on the comments:

1. yes, it is a relative thing, now the things you mention are of course important, but an idea of what your god finds relevant and important is useful. it is possible that might be something that we will have you change during the game as to how you sort it, not sure, will need to hash out some ideas with jon, or if you had a short list of always important things, would be nice, otherwise, will do our best

2. if it is growing, and automatic, there has to be a way to stop it/slow it down. will need to hash this out with john as well, but yes, some sort of cost to keep it expanding, i am fairly certain will end up being a requirement.

3. right, I did not think you wanted an X effect. just was making sure it was on record that we had discussed that some would be able to resist this is all. And sounds like you already knew that and were ok with it, just needed to be sure that was stated.

4. ah, was not clear. So, its a hard limit, but that is the line of BS you feed your people? Yeah, that's workable. will still need to sort out the idea of you controlling an avatar every hundred years, jon n i still need to hash that out.

5. a clarification: plants, animals, and earth will all be altered to look more deathly, etc... few questions on this:
A. How often do things get modified? Only when the area expands? The moment something enters your area? After a few days in your area?
B. And do people all get affected as well?
C. How far above, and below ground does this effect cover? all the way up, and all the way down?
D. This could, depending on how it is build, potentially be very costly....
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

5 responce: one mile up will be the cap for the gloom illusion affect. It will be clear skys above that but looking down you would still see the gloom below you.

Expansion will be once every hundred years and would only affect things in my aria.. Things out side of my aria can come and go without being alterd but if they hapin to be in on the day of expansion there changed.

I will not be altering intelligent life with the affect so no player races will be getting darker or death like.. There clothes and gear on the other hand are not safe and will be alterd unless protected by a divin source

And I'll be affecting the earth only about 50ft below the surface.. Not much need for more then that.. On a side not.. Tunnels that connect to the surfice will also be alterd along with what's in them

And I'll work on the short list of importint things I'd like to alwase try and be aware of
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 pm

thanks for the fedback.
at the moment am ok, but jon or i might ask further questions on these topics soon. But i think we are ok for a minute, thanks
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am

talking with jon, and he has a proposal he is working on now, not sure what post will be up first.
now, a few questions on that deathly looking modification.
So, this happens every 100 years and modifies all the things in there.
If you make a tree look all deathly, does its seeds it drops 5 years later make deathly looking trees? As the tree grows, it still looks deathly, all the new bark n leaves, etc?
Same with the grass? So, these deathly things could spread outside your area....
And, your deathcows would make deathcow offspring, yes?
Also, during that 100 years, regular animals, and plant seeds and etc will be entering the area you already death-i-fied... is this what you want? Green starts coming back, spreading a bit, and then SMACK you death it all again? That could work, just making sure i follow the exact setting here, you expand and deathify your current and new zone, and over time some of the normal stuff starts getting ahold in your zone again, before you smack it again?... this sound ok? or did you mean something else?
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

Yup you got it Smile death plants breed death plants and death cows breed death cows unless death plants are polinating with non death plants then you get the chance of non death growth and same with animals

I'm not intending the affect to be strong.. Just usefull.. 1st it's to mark my claimed land so as to let the people know a god watches over them.. 2nd it not that hard to stop and I expect it to be at some point.. This will tell me I have a rival and to expect an encounter.. And if it's not stoped I'd still see and hear everything in my claimed land and would know the presence of people worshiping another god.. Eather way I get what I'm after.. Knowledge and the knowing is half the battle Smile

Last edited by Vish on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 am

Dragonspar's post is very important. I had assumed that what you meant was that the change happened when the area expanded, turning everything within the expanded borders to dead looking, but then new growth would creep in as new trees or plants sprouted, and eventually your god would get around to smacking down the new growth, and thus showing his immense power.

My own concerns are related to a different issue, this idea that you only show up once every hundred years to set everything up and then go to sleep for the rest of the turn, not even getting an interrupt. We have clarified that this is a hard limit, other things:

[1] When does your god awaken and manifest his avatar. We need this to be something predictable. You said it's a one year period, but we need to clarify when it happens. I'd have to say it has to be at the beginning but if you want it in the middle or something we can try to figure out a way to work with the fact that there is this period (which when we describe things hasn't happened yet) and which your somehow not remembering until later as you post your actions. Of course that might make your god appear somehow foolish or insane. So I don't suggest it. Just want to clarify and make sure we are on the same page with this.

[2] Second I suggest that the time of expansion coincide with your god appearing. Or in other words, your god wakes, shows up, claims some land, suddenly everything looks dead everywhere within his domains (however that works), and somewhere your god's avatar appears.

[3] If the area expands "automatically" we still need a weak point, some way to push things back. It wouldn't be quite fair if last game you had a hard to create center to defend and worked hard to get it, but somehow we let you simply have no weakness and automatic expansion.

My suggestion here is the when your god's avatar ascends back up to wherever he dwells between periods of being awake we leave behind an undead "Warlord" of some sort who represents that expansion. You then would have these representatives stuck within your area, but if one died your area would be pushed back one expansions worth of space; they would be the weak point, and also a constant reminder that you WILL be back and ARE watching.

[4] What does your avatar look like, and what do you expect to be able to do with it. If you expect, for example, to be able to communicate during the year we need to know if you want a discount to speaking out of the gods mouth, or simply a set amount/type of things he can say for free after which we start to charge you; which would be worked into the reserve cost. There is no free communication in the god game! lol

[5] Also what does the avatar look like? What can he physically do? Obviously you'll be determining all his actions when you start your turn, but we need to know what is possible so we can charge for it in your reserve costs.

Really like the direction this is going in. Good job so far. Looking forward to hearing your replies to both my post and dragonsparrs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next