The God Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vish
New Player
Vish

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 am

Yes, yes, yes lol expansion at the time I arive or awaken.. At the start of every turn..
Back to top Go down
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 pm

I like the warlord gardian idea but we need to agree on what they would be and how powerful .. Them living forever untell destroyed should be a given lol and would they be restricted to the new growth aria or could they all huddle at the center?? As a figure of my power I'd have each one control there own city but I would like each of them to be able to move through my lands freely.. Probably not past my lands though.

I'm thinking a form of undead.. Would not have body heat and would not need to eat, sleep or breath.. Each standing ( assuming they only have two legs ) 8 feet tall to mark there importance as a gardian of the relm. Not set on appearance.. Divine, fiendish, rotting, all bone.. Not fond of the rotting thing.. But I want them all to look different.

And for my avitar.. I'll go goddess this time round.. So I'll appear as a stunningly beautiful women of middle age wearing only a necklace ( with my symble ) and a tatterd hooded cape

I'll be like a shade... All gray and dark.. Mostly see-through
I want to be incaporiel or tangible at will ( so yes with manipulating my invirment but if I need more then humen streagth I'll pay extra for it) and immune to all mundain forms of attack.

And yes I want to talk to people.. I think I'll go with a form of telepithy( more impressive )
And lastly I want instant travel for my avitar within my relm

Back to top Go down
Admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 am

I think I have enough information now to propose a deal:

• First off your focused on an area of effect. This area starts out 100 square miles and grows a 100 mile ring around itself every turn, basically adding 200 square miles to your area every hundred years. So on turn zero when you appear to the people for the first time you get to place your first 100 square miles. Boom! It appears around you. Then on turn one it expands to 300 square miles, turn two it's 500 square miles, turn three it's 700 square miles . . . until on turn nine it's pushing on your borders with 1700 square miles, part of which won't show up till the walls come down unless you have some major power level on this or the power of the walls have really fallen fast.

• Cosmetically when an area appears/spreads every living, non sentient, creature in it is altered to appear deathly, sick, decayed, etc . . . a general look of unhealthiness. This unhealthy look is genetic and can spread outside of your area. In the meantime vibrant green growing plants can invade as well. Making a patchwork of health and sickness all over the place.

Also an illusion makes everything below 1 mile above the surface look dim, gloomy, and overcast. Above this mark people can look down on the swirlling, ominous storm clouds covering the sky below. An important note as you have many mountains in your area. The entire effect goes 100 miles above the ground, and descends 50 feet below the surface. This does NOT include following caves down as that would make mortis need to pay for essentially limitless depths and would get the deep elementals involved.

• Mortis can see everything within this area of effect, but it is a direct trade off. She can no longer read the minds of her worshipers for free. Instead she can see, hear, feel, etc . . . anything she desires within the area. So she could feel the heat of a fire, hear the screams of the people burning, and watch it all from several different perspectives, all for free, but if she wants to know what a worshiper is thinking that will cost. She still knows who her worshipers are, she just doesn't have free access to all their thoughts and secrets.

• Mortis has an ongoing effect that tries to grab the souls of any intelligent being in her area that she can the moment he/she/it dies. This will need a power level. Mortis also automatically has an area of her afterlife that grows with her area. This region mimics the geography of the area perfectly, and has an illusion of what is happening there at every moment overlaid on top of it. Spirits can walk through this illusion or pretend it is real as they desire, it's not solid or anything. This illusion also includes a glowing, moonlike face of Mortis sleeping in the "sky". The illusion is there constantly, except for the one year period at the beginning of each turn. During that time this section of the afterlife goes dark as mortis vanishes, and the illusion stops being replaced by the barren reality of rock, gravel, etc. . . that perfectly mimics the real terrain and can't be altered by the dead . . . a desert until the return of mortis to light and fill the afterlife once more. Which leads us to . . .

• At the beginning of the turn the player, mortis, will walk amongst the living within her area. Her appearance will mark the expansion of the borders, and she will stick around for one year. Her appearance will be the grey and partially see through shade of a beautiful woman wearing only a necklace with a celtic cross hanging from it, and a hooded cape.

This form can lift and move things at will, but can't be effected by normal (non magical) weapons or touched by mortals unless she wishes to be. She has normal human strength, Mortis will pay for anything more using his income. Mortis can only use her power during this time, and will likely have to specialize in effects that trigger and execute programs at will, or intelligent servants. The avatar also has the ability to teleport anywhere in the region at will.

We will need combat values for her protections. Killing the avatar of Mortis banishes her for that turn and anything she hasn't already done or set up won't be done, but she WILL be back. Offsetting this is the fact that she gets a 5% discount on costs during this year, and an 8% discount if the effect appears to come from her avatar directly in some way. We will also want power level for her teleportation, how hard is it t keep mortis OUT?

Also the avatar of mortis will appear by taking the place of a woman already living in her area, preferably one who worships her, but it can be anyone. We may need power level for this as someone may want to protect their priestess from being chosen for this honor.

• If mortis is killed, or at the end of the full year term, Mortis will vanish leaving behind the person she was inhabiting. Only this person will be changed. She will be an eight foott tall, perfectly proportioned, ghostly form, obviously the missing person, and appearing where she was taken from, but also obviously a flawlessly perfected version of the person, absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

This person is the warlord of mortis, and if she is killed mortis loses one ring of expansion. The warlord has free will, but she also has the memory of touching mortis' vast power, kindness, and intelligence, like an ant really, for just one moment, understanding what a person is thinking, and then going back to being an ant.

She is also gifted with the ability to see, feel, hear, smell, etc . . . anything in the area from anywhere else in the area at will simply by concentrating on it. She can become solid at will and is effectively immortal unless somehow killed, and can speak telepathically and understand anything "said" to her. She will need combat values. Warlords can never leave the area controlled by Mortis. They also lose all powers if they lose faith in mortis or fail to worship her, thus becoming ineffectual wraiths until they regain their faith, a pitiful warning of what befalls those who betray the goddess unable to touch anything or say anything to anyone without it coming out as a mere soft moaning sigh.

• Mortis is intimately connected to her area. She can't see outside of it, her magic systems don't work outside of it, and she pays double for supernatural creatures if they are given the ability to leave it. In return however her magic systems and creatures who can not leave get a power boost . We need to set combat numbers seperately, you may want to end up paying for some of them as your free points will be spread quite thin by all this.

Not sure if I covered everything or not here, and the details are still up for debate, we are still hard at work on your area, and there is still time before turn zero is finalized and you play your birth action. Nothing is set in stone, but this is my proposal pending feedback from you or dragonspar. You asked for a lot and I've tried to give you everything you want to the best of my ability in a fair and balanced way. Hopefully I'm at least on the right track with these ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://johnshome.forumotion.com
Vish
New Player
Vish

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Ok just a couple things.. My ( warlords ) I'd like them to hear the prayers of my people I.e the thoughts directed AT me

And the appearance of the warlords will be as stated but not 8 feet tall.. There normel hight will do just fine and I want them to appear to wear whatever clothing they wish.

My afterlife I want to have 3 lvls total.. The first as stated.. I like that the dead can watch over the living.. The second level will be for the dead to retire.. A heaven for the souls that no longer wish to watch over the living.. A bright beautiful kingdom of wonder and ease filled with the finest of all things. The third shall be my chamber hall with my thrown.. This is where I would hold audience with the dead or with the undead that have traviled to speak with me ( as soon as I give them the spell to do so ) this is also where I want all the non worshiper souls to go.. I want to copy all there memory's and burn there souls for the energy.. All non worshipers get oblivion as there reword. But I'd like a list of teck I could teach my people from the memory pool. I'll also be adding the memory's of my dead worshipers to the pool ( copy/paste not strip from ) so the list of new tech would actually be new tech lol
Back to top Go down
Dragonspar
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:13 pm

not had a chance to talk to john today, but have looked over this, and my reaction is that the warlord picking up prayers directed at you is reasonable, BUT, and john would need to give feedback on this, that you only get that information if the warlords relay that information to you. They do have freewill after all, and yes, horrible things happen if they lose faith in you, but, i think this could be interesting....
Also, possibly the hearing of the prayers would be limited in range?...
just some thoughts, and this is all looking rather good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)   Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Registration - Cybertron (BECAME MORTIS)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2